I am now a Professional

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I am finally (after 9 very, very, very long months) a Professional Librarian. (Insert special sound of amazement here!) The funny part is, I do not actually work in a library. Instead I work for the the Alabama Public Library Service as a Consultant for Alabama Public Libraries. Many of my days will now be filled with Trustee, Friends and Foundation Information for the libraries. Most recently, this meant I contacted several libraries regarding their 501(c)3 classification...who knew I would be friends with the IRS? Definitely not me! I think one of the parts of the job I like the most is the fact it is more administrative in scope and travel is involved/required. In fact, next month I am off to Denver for a conference that will also help me out in learning about my job and how I can meet the needs of my libraries. 

I changed my twitter account to APLS_Denise so it is a little more Professional sounding, not that I hated blubrrymffin, but that makes me seem 5. I need to be a little more professional in my life and not so completely scattered (or crazy or fun). Okay, that may be a little extreme. Lets try for me to be a little more professional in my Work life (I can get to the Personal side later).

After accepting my job with APLS, I had to find an apartment, quit my current job, set up all the utilities and well, just move. And I had about 2 weeks to do everything...so no time issue, right? I must say though, I really do love my new apartment. It is big and pretty and just for me and Spiderman. Spidey has been super nervous about the moving idea (okay he has moved A LOT with me so I sort of do not understand him) but I think he is slowly warming up to the idea of our new place. Eventually though, I expect him to chill out a bit and just enjoy himself. Major plus for the apartment you might ask? My own washer and dryer in the apartment itself. No laundromat for me, woot!

So that is it for my scattered post. I have many things happening and I am hoping after I finish unpacking I can post some pictures. Everyone is a fan of pictures...including me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Off Picking Blueberries with Blubrrymffin Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino