I got new glasses!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Last Saturday I finally buckled down and went to the eye doctor.  I despise, hate, dislike, loathe going to the eye doctor.  It has been over three years since my last visit and if I could have helped it, I might have even waited a bit longer.  I just have an issue with people being near my eye.  Heck, I don't like being near my eyes and they are attached to my face.  My eyes tear up the entire time I am there and I pretty much just freak out from start to finish.  So yeah, going to the eye doctor last Saturday was a pretty big deal for me.

The most enlightening part of my eye doctor visit was when I learned one of my eyes reversed itself and went from being far-sighted to being near-sighted.  Basically I close one I and up close is fine and the out far is blurry but when I close the other eye the opposite happens.  That's normal, right?

So I go through my torture and then I get to pick out my new glasses.  I visited America's Best so you get a free eye exam and then pay a set price for two pairs of glasses.  Before my visit I thought that I might get one pair of sunglasses but I would wait to check out the price.  So I start looking, and looking, and looking and then I noticed all the pairs I like are ridiculously priced.  So much for staying in budget.  Finally I settle on two pair, one for everyday wearing and one to make into  sunglasses.  I go see the order lady and I found out that what I wanted still was more than I thought.  After everything was said and done, I paid double what I thought I would pay.  That was a bit of a shock, in the not so good way.

That being said, I got my new glasses today.  Woot!  I really like them, especially my everyday pair.  The sunglasses are big and look like grandma glasses but I am fine with that.  I need sun protection for driving, I could care less how great they look.  I think my foray into eyeglasses shopping was okay. After the exam I ended up pleased and I think I picked out a nice pair.  Plus, this scratched another item off my list.  Maybe this deserves a woohoo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Off Picking Blueberries with Blubrrymffin Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino